The United Nations has identified 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for achieving a better future for all. SDG-7 is Affordable and Clean Energy (ACE). The impact of any development in this domain has the potential to create a multiplier effect as energy is a key input in income and economic progress, ensuring minimum healthcare, education, transportation, communication facilities in remote regions, minimizing damage to the environment, etc. As one can see many other SDGs are closely linked with ACE, e.g. SDG-8 Decent work and growth, SDG-3 Good health and wellbeing, SDG-13 Climate action, to mention a few.
The Mission of the GCoE-ACE
To make Affordable and Clean Energy (ACE) a backbone of India's development.
- to provide (a) test and measurement equipment facility, (b) fabrication laboratory equipment, (c) skill-development and outreach, (d) research & development laboratory, and (e) model clean energy village deployments
- to create a platform to design and engineer affordable, energy-efficient, and renewable energy-powered products to enhance livelihood.
- to systematically identify various avenues for widespread adoption of ACE for better opportunities that are socially and environmentally sustainable.
- to mentor and incubate innovative ideas that have relevance to the population of the country and on a global scale.
- to improve the energy efficiencies of the appliances which work using the on-grid energy.